Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Darren Tells His Secret

One day Darren stopped by the Goth mansion. He thought he would visit with his friend Cassandra and see how things were going with her. Casey answered the door, informing Darren that Cassandra was at work. She invited him in. Darren noticed that Donald was visiting with Casey. Darren had adopted Donald when he was just a toddler after his mother had died.
Casey invited Darren in and the three of them were watching television. Darren felt that now was as good a time as any to tell the two of them the truth. "I would like to talk to the two of you" Darren said to Casey and Donald. Casey had gotten up to go to the kitchen to get them something to drink. At Darren's words, Casey stopped and turned around. "What is it?" she asked.
"Why don't you sit down first" said Darren as he sat next to Donald. "Now, I know what I have to say will come as a surprise to both of you. But, it's something you both have a right to know." Casey and Donald looked at each other as Darren began to tell his story. Darren told them about Donald's mother, Kaylynn Langerak....that she had died tragically in a fire when Donald was just a toddler. Darren had adopted Donald and raised him as his own...but Donald had a father...a father that was still alive. Donald's father was Don Lothario...and Don was also Casey's father. Casey and Don were half-siblings!
"I remember my mother...vaguely. I was little more than a baby when she died" said Donald. "But...I never knew who my father was."
"It's hard to imagine that...when I was a baby growing up here...my father had another baby just a few months older than me. And...that we are really brother and sister!" Both Donald and Casey sat in silence. "I thought about telling you before now. In fact, I was certain that Mortimer had told Don and Cassandra that I had adopted you. He knew about it, you know...before he died. But...he didn't tell. He took that secret to the grave with him. I was so afraid that Mortimer, with all his money, would try to take you away from me. That's why I have kept silent for so long."
The three of them sat in stunned silence, thinking of the words that had just been spoken. They didn't notice Nina standing outside the doorway. How long had she been there...and how much had she heard?
Apparently she had been there long enough....for she went straight to Cassandra and told her everything she had heard.

1 comment:

bbop said...

I love it! so scandalous!