Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dustin Sneaks Out

Dustin lay in bed, listening for the sound of Angela's car to drive up. He was nervous. He had never done anything like this before. Dustin knew Brandi would be very upset and dissapointed with him if she found out. She depended on him so much. Sitting up, Dustin angrily thought, "That's the problem! She shouldn't depend on me. She's the adult. I'm just a kid!" Just then he heard Angela's car and ran out to meet her.
"You're late," Dustin said to Angela as he got in the car. "Sorry. I got away as soon as I could!" answered Angela, as they sped away into the night. Dustin's night out was short-lived however. Dustin sat in the back of the police car. He felt so ashamed and scared.
"Dustin, I know you're a good boy. I know your family. Don't let me see you out again like this. You're lucky I'm not taking you down to the station. I'm giving you a break this time...but don't let it happen again!" The policeman looked at Dustin in anger. Dustin lowered his head in shame and headed for the house.

No comments: